If the world has known any magic words, “Pizza” is definitely one of them. So what if you’re on a diet? The world of science exists to get around that
This episode, Naveed ends the Keto Food Challenge with some major satisfaction with his Ketogenic Pizza, made with almond flour, cheese and LOTS OF MEAT!!!!! Live It UP!!!
The Keto pizza crust is made entirely with almond flour which shoots up the fat content and does not stress you out about carbs. You also get your own choice of meat, so when you go shopping – Take your pick
1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
¾ cup almond flour
2 tbsp your choice of cheese – Cream Cheese works
1 tsp white wine vinegar
½ tsp salt
olive oil to grease your hands [To handle the dough]
Preheat the oven
- Heat mozzarella and any other cheese you want in a small, non-stick pan on medium heat or in a bowl in the microwave oven.
- Stir until they melt together. Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Moisten your hands with olive oil and flatten the dough on parchment paper, making a circle about 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter. You can also use a rolling pin to flatten the dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Remove top parchment sheet. Prick the crust with a fork all over [Stab it with a fork and let out that dieter’s frustration] and bake in the oven for 10–12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- While the crust is baking, sautée the ground sausage meat in olive oil or butter.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the crust. Top the pizza with meat and plenty of cheese.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle oregano on top and serve with a green salad.
8 oz. Sausage/Salami/Pepperoni – Or any meat you prefer to top your pizza with [ Avoid too much of processed meat products]
1 tbsp butter
½ cup tomato sauce
½ tsp dried oregano
1½ cups shredded mozzarella
If you don’t want meat we suggest peppers, olives, artichokes or fresh tomatoes and herbs. You can also add different kinds of cheese such as feta cheese, blue cheese or even brie cheese.
This is a winning recipe. We hope you have fun with it